Are you suffering from low energy or brainpower? Feeling stressed? Anxiety? Can’t sleep? Can’t conceive? Constipated? Poor eyesight? Losing your hair or premature greying? Is your skin losing collagen? Blue Pea Tea is known to help. Also known as Asian Pigeon Wings, Blue Bell Vine, Blue Pea, Cordofan Pea and Darwin pea, ‘Butterfly Pea’ (Clitoria Ternatea) is an amazing brain boosting herb native to tropical equatorial Asia. A traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, Clitoria Ternatea has been consumed for centuries as a memory enhancer, brain booster, anti-stress and calmative agent. Known for its luminous indigo colour, Butterfly Pea has traditionally been used as a vegetable in cooking, to colour deserts or to make a strikingly vibrant coloured tea. Many beauty products have also been derived from Butterfly Pea because of the effects of the lavonoid, quercetin has on skin and hair.
The herb shows promise in studies for its brain boosting effects and its wide spectrum of neurological benefits including helping with depression, anxiety and reducing fever. Once water is added to the tea, the deep blue liquid changes color based on the Ph level of whatever is added next. Squeeze in some lemon or add in a bit of citrus juice, and the blue changes to purple. Its mood ring-like qualities have made Butterfly Pea Flower tea a hit with anyone who enjoys a little whimsy in their life.
Ingredients: Pure Blue Pea Butterfly Tea
Here’s a list of some of its amazing benefits.
- ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES: One of the major benefits of consuming butterfly pea tea is it’s antioxidant properties. Consuming antioxidant rich foods is vital for health, they fight off free radicals which are the primary reason for premature ageing of the body.
- IMPROVES EYESIGHT: Blue Pea Tea contains an antioxidant called proanthocyanidin, which increases blood flow to the capillaries of the eyes, useful in treatment of glaucoma, blurred vision, retinal damage or tired eyes.
- GOOD FOR HAIR AND SKIN: Any ingredient that is rich in antioxidants is amazing for hair and skin. Since this tea is also rich in many vitamins and minerals it even more effective for preventing premature ageing of the skin and hair. You can also use the tea for external application too. Mix it while making homemade face packs to get a glowing skin.
- ANTI DIABETIC PROPERTIES: This tea is amazing for diabetic patients as it helps regulate blood sugar levels. A cup of blue butterfly tea taken in between meals will help regulate blood sugar levels and will keep your blood sugar levels steady till the next meal.
- DIRECTIONS– Put 1 gram of Blue Pea Tea in a cup. Pour boiling water into the cup. Cover the cup and let the flowers steep for two to three minutes. You can steep 1 gram of Blue Pea Tea for 3 more times after the 1st use. Add honey and stir. Serve.
*DISCLAIMER: This information is not presented as medical advice nor should it be used as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care practitioner. Our products are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease nor should any information contained herein be read as prescribing any specific remedy or guaranteeing any specific result. The FDA has not evaluated any of this information.